Friday, March 03, 2006

Another cold


A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold.

Ogden Nash

Well I caught a cold, again. Sometime over the last 48 hours someone infected me and now I am struggling to avoid infecting my wife or our daughter. Hopefully, they are more immune than I and can avoid catching it.
I can't really comprehend what it would be like for our daughter to be sick. Even if it's just a cold it is going to be a real struggle to deal with her. Considering our daughter can't talk to let us know what's wrong it must be very frustrating dealing with a sick child. It must be even more difficult to deal with a child who catches something worse than the common cold. Doctors needing to get involved is scary for adults, people who should be able to comprehend the treatment and what the doctor is trying to do. For an infant, all that she would know would be the pain being caused. Obviously, we couldn't explain what was happening to her and seeing her suffer would be a lot for her mother and I to deal with.
I have thought about this before my wife got pregnant, how everyday with a child is a challenge. We are going to have good days and bad days but all in all I hope that being parents is going to be the best thing either of us has ever done. Our daughter's health has been perfect so far, I pray everyday that our good fortune continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home