Monday, February 20, 2006

President's Day


Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.
George Washington

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Abraham Lincoln

Today is the day that we honor the presidents, Lincoln and Washington. It used to be that we had two separate holidays to honor these great past leaders of our country. Thinking and reflecting about the tasks these men faced, the adversaries they overcame and the strength they displayed in the face of crushing defeats really makes me amazed at the current state of affairs in D.C.
Not to get too political but this current administration really scares me and the path it is pushing America down frightens me because it really is my kids who are going to have to clean up the mess. The Iraq war is most likely not going to end in my lifetime. Terrorists are possibly planning an attack on Los Angeles, New York or Atlanta as I type this. China is amassing men, military might, nuclear weapons, financial capital and political influence at an alarming rate.
granted I am not in the know in the political circles but from my perspective none of these issues are being dealt with. This administration started the war in Iraq with no plan on how to end it. The probable end is we are going to leave, the country will descend into civil war while we look the other way. The terrorists will strike at us again. It's just a question of where, when and what they use this time. If current funding streams continue to dry up there is going to be less and less money to fight the "global war on terror" because eventually the administration, not this administration, is going to have to invest some funds into the crumbling America that bush/cheney has managed to create.
How much is New Orleans and the rest of the gulf coast going to cost to repair? Does this administration even care? If they do, where are they with the money, the support to get New Orleans alive again? When it was election time they sure got the Florida electorate back on it's feet again in a hurry. Oh right, that wasn't because of the election it was because the next king bush rules Florida. I forgot.
I could continue this rant about political issues but I won't...I just got done eating lunch and it makes my stomach hurt.
All I hope for out of my political leaders is that they try to do what is best for this country. That they try to do what is best for my family and that they try to do what's best for my daughter's future.
This administration has failed me and you, quite miserably, on all three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home