Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super or not?


"I'm not making any predictions, I'm just saying what we're doing."
Dan Rooney

Today is the day, the pinnacle of the football fans existance. The Super Bowl is about to begin and my stomach is bothering me, my palms are clammy and my throat is dry. I feel all these nerves and all I am doing is watching from my couch. I am amazed that the players can feel these same feelings and go out and do their jobs. They are getting ready to compete under such stressful situations, knowing that any mistake they make is going to magnified, replayed and examined over and over and over again for the rest of this month.
I guess that is sort of the way I feel when people ask how being a new dad is going. We read all the books, watched a few videos, talked to some other parents but now my wife and I are on the big stage. Maybe not as big a stage as the Super Bowl, but for my wife and I it is the biggest stage we have ever performed on. The future beliefs, fears, feelings and opinions of our daughter are going to be based on how we perform on the stage around her.
The main difference between the Super Bowl and us is that the Steelers and Seahawks are only doing it for 60 minutes, my wife and I are doing it for the rest of our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home