Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Soon enough


Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

Benjamin Franklin

I got to watch my daughter yesterday. Not such a big deal, I have watched her a few times over these past 4 months. Yesterday was a little bit different, I realized for the first time that I have no idea how to take care of my daughter. My wife has really been doing all the taking care of since my daughter was born and in a few more short weeks I will be taking care of our daughter full-time. We have a lot of work to get done between now and June 10.
The main thing that I am struggling with is how to get her to eat from a bottle. She just has no real inteest in doing it and I am not being patient enough to help her learn how to do it.
I guess there are certain things that moms can just do better than dads. My wife seems to have an inexhaustable supply of patience when she deals with our child. It really is quite amazing. It also is really quite intimidating because I know that no matter how hard I try I will, eventually, get frustrated. I guess my wife gets frustrated as well but she doesn't take it out on the baby. She has lost almost all patience with me!
That's okay our baby is only going to require all of her patience for a little while. I'll probably need it for the rest of our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home