Thursday, December 15, 2005

Always looking ahead


The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
Albert Einstein

As the days begin to blur due to anxiety, lack of sleep and the overwhelming changes that are constantly occurring in our lives I find that I am falling into the trap that a lot of people fall into. I am beginning to miss out on the present moment, I am waiting for the next milestone, looking for it to happen, waiting for it to get here. I am spending so much energy looking for the next moment that I am missing the moments that are happening right in front of me.
Our baby is like a little sponge, slowly soaking up everything. Every minute she's doing something, learning something new, experiencing something for the first time. As the saying goes, You never get a second chance at a first impression. This is too true with my daughter. We only get one shot at experiencing all the firsts that she is going to have.
To stay focused on the present moment is my new mantra, what happens in the future will have to wait until we get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home